Hands-On Care Physical Therapy and PhysioCare Physical Therapy have developed very specific Standards of Care. We use these standards as a guide for our patient care and therapists' specific training guidelines.
When patents don't complete their course of treatment, who's fault is that?
At Hands-On Care Physical Therapy and PhysioCare Physical Therapy, our philosophy is that successful outcomes are a responsibility shared by therapists and patients. Research shows that patient education and communication protocols increase a patient's compliance and improve outcomes.
To provide patients the ideal environment for promoting the quickest possible return to maximum function, our organization uses an innovative six-point program that engages patients and their care providers in a collaborative care process:
- After the initial evaluation, patients receive a detailed explanation summarizing their recommended therapy program. Patients are introduced to the extensive Hands-On State-of-the-Art web-based library with patient guides and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).
- We call and confirm all of your appointments, so that you never forget your treatment dates and times.
- Each patient is assigned to one of our 12 Patient Care Coordinators. The Patient Care Coordinators check with patients regularly to insure patient satisfaction and compliance.
- The Patient Care Coordinators, as well as the treating Physical Therapist, communicate with the referring physicians to facilitate collaborative care.
- The #1 INDEPENDENT PHYSICAL THERAPY QUALITY ASSURANCE AGENCY (FOTO), provides important data on outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- As a member of the Physical Therapy Provider Network (PTPN), Hands-On Care Physical Therapy and PhysioCare PT adheres to rigorous Quality Standards that are PEER-REVIEWED. Only a small number of all licensed physical therapists are members of PTPN who can comply with these standards.
Hands-On Care Physical Therapy and PhysioCare PT provide care best suited for patients, not insurance companies. Most PT providers set up their practice to minimize costs in response to the continued pressure from insurance companies. One of the most common industry-wide reactions to this pressure has been to reduce visit times and pass off as many patients as possible to lower-paid unlicensed aides.
Our organization recognizes that this can greatly impact the quality of care, as well as the patient experience:
- At Hands-On Care Physical Therapy and PhysioCare PT, Patients don't need to worry about being passed off to unlicensed aides. Our patients work one-on-one with our skilled, licensed practitioners on EVERY visit.
- We eliminate the long wait times typical at many clinics with our Advance Online Scheduling feature.
Therapists in most states are required by the State Licensing Board to attend a minimum number of hours for continuing education programs. If a therapist is scraping by with no continuing education, it tells you something about their commitment to their profession. You should ask yourself: "Do you want a team of therapists that do not have any plan for continuing education to be in charge of your care?"
- Hands-On Care Physical Therapy and PhysioCare PT staff members enjoy special access to training and education for the most advanced techniques in Manual Therapy through our sister company, Hands-On Seminars (www.handsonseminars.com). Hands-On Seminars provides continuing education and training programs to thousands of therapists all over the world. This unique relationship with the seminar division insures that all of our therapists are always at the forefront of best-practices for Manual Therapy.
- We have an in-house training academy offering courses for staff in management, public relations, communication, marketing and business administration. These courses help all staff members reach their full potential as professionals serving the interests of the profession.
To optimize outcomes, therapists use advanced clinical tools to ensure the most comprehensive programs for the assessment and treatment of orthopedic, neurological and pain conditions. Believe it or not, many therapists do not have the latest tools and comprehensive programs:
- At Hands-On Care Physical Therapy and PhysioCare PT, all care is supervised by Senior Therapists with specialized training in orthopedic, neurological and pain conditions.
- Physical therapy clinics should implement the latest evidence-based practices at the clinical level. The latest information should be reviewed and incorporated into treatment protocols as quickly as possible when the new research becomes available. Hands-On Care Physical Therapy and PhysioCare PT are active participants in the American Physical Therapy Association's Hooked On Evidence Program. This insures that treatment choices are evidence based.
- Our organization budgets for research every year. This investment has resulted in significant contributions to the profession, including many published articles. For an up-to-date list of our most widely read publications, please visit www.handsonseminars.com/research.asp
- You should be given the therapist's professional resume without having to ask. It's our job to educate patients on standards of care and professionalism, and patients really shouldn't have to ask for this information. See our staff bios today here.